Couples therapy ( couples’ counseling, marriage counseling, or marriage therapy) attempts to improve romantic relationships and resolve interpersonal conflicts .
Most relationships will get strained at some time, resulting in a failure to function optimally and produce self-reinforcing, maladaptive patterns. These patterns may be called “negative interaction cycles.” There are many possible reasons for this, including insecure attachment, ego, arrogance, jealousy, anger, greed, poor communication/understanding or problem solving, ill health, third parties and so on.
Changes in situations like financial state, physical health, and the influence of other family members can have a profound influence on the conduct, responses and actions of the individuals in a relationship.
Framework of Couple therapy :
We normally start couple therapy with a detailed assessment of the conflicts and history of the relationship between partners followed by steadily developing couple therapy structure , goals , principles of interactions in the session and outside the session . In collaboration with couples our clinician will develop a time bound therapeutic plan to reconstruct the many dimensions of the relationship in a safe environment . The nature of therapy is more process to generate communication ,active listening , empathy and deeper understanding of each other’s concerns and challenges.
- Provide a confidential dialogue, which normalizes feelings
- To enable each person to be heard and to hear themselves
- Provide a mirror with expertise to reflect the relationship’s difficulties and the potential and direction for change
- Empower the relationship to take control of its own destiny and make vital decisions
- Deliver relevant and appropriate information
- Changes the view of the relationship
- Improve communication
- Set clear goals and objectives